Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Depth of Delusion

I was on an airplane the other day. I was passing the hour and half flight by reading Erhman's Misquoting Jesus: The Story behind Who Changed the Bible and Why.

I sat next to a rather pleasant and soft spoken woman, who, after a bit, asked be about the book. After showing her the title, she asked about it... stating "what a provocative title". A discussion ensured.

Of course, it was easy for me to assume she was a christian -- most American's claim to be followers. As the discussion continued, I discovered she was one of the devout -- she produced a small bible with not pasted inside.

I explained that Erhman was a former evangelical, who, after having studied (starting at Moody bible college, thru Weaton and onto the ancient manuscripts that make up the books of the bible became convinced that we don't have an accurate representation of any of the books now known as the new testament.

No comments: